As has been my habit since the end of the first week of the year, I am recounting and listing my daily joys and happiness. I can be a little legalistic on some things and since the new year began on a Wednesday, I use Wednesday as my new week set point. I intend to sit down NYE and re read all the things that brought me joy over the course of a year. I hope it reminds me of just how fortunate I am.
Wednesday: I did not have to run to Mom's house one time on Wednesday and that was true joy. I also booked the mover who is going to bring the items, my sister, son2 and I are going to use in our houses.
Thursday: The critter trap was sprung and inside was an armadillo. Joy! I also got my living room emptied so I could clean and wax the hardwoods. It will remain emptied (except for the piano) until October 2 when the movers are coming. It is going to be interesting to see how some of Mom's things and my furniture coexist because we had very different aesthetics .
Friday: Trapped another armadillo! The "critter gitter" was at the house by mid morning and carried him/her off to his property for release. I want to know who brought these creatures across the Mississippi. Yeah, and the coyotes too. I remember when they were only in the western states.
After TheHub got off work we drove around a bit before grabbing a to go chicken dinner. Scenic drives and no cooking equals joy.
Saturday: TheHub and I woke early, did several errands, then came home to enjoy the SEC opening day of football. Roll Tide, Roll! We managed to watch or listen to multi games all day long, then had Son2, DIL2, and the granddog over to watch games and have dinner with us. It was a fun day!
Sunday: I loved our online church service, followed by our WebEx Sunday school class. After doing some chores, TheHub and I both fell asleep in our respective chairs. It was kind of like that meme that is circulating all over facebooks. "Know how to fall asleep in a chair? Be old__Sit down". We really did enjoy the nice and restful day.
Monday: The "Critter Gitter" guy had his armadillo traps in the yard through Monday. $400 later we had caught one cat, 2 armadillos and 1 possum. Sorry to the cat and possum. We were not looking to trap either of you, but I seriously wanted the armadillos gone.
Tuesday: My sister and I spent more time at Mom's house getting things ready for the movers. We are both having to change several rooms in our houses to accommodate her things, and it will alter the look of our respective houses a good deal. My biggest joy is that Son2 agreed to keep the grandfather clock at his house. Mom left it to Son1 who lives in Oregon, but we have no idea how to ship it so it would arrive undamaged. (it's very old and very fragile) Son2 might have it forever!
For the last few weeks I have not gotten any major or minor projects done, but that changed this past week.
1. Emptied everything but the piano from the living room
2. Cleaned and waxed the living room hardwoods
3. Repositioned some artwork and added some more paintings (from Mom's house)
4. Made a huge dent in reorganizing the laundry room. I still have until tomorrow to get it completely done to make room for Mom's sewing machine and a few other items.

0 Yorumlar