This weekend I finished up the Christmas Lantern. Once I got that done I pretty much lazed around and plotted and planned about the 2019 kit and watched home improvement shows. There's one set in Chicago and I love seeing the skyline and neighborhoods. I grew up in the suburbs but that skyline reminds me of home as much as snow and ice.
I made several presents to go under the tree in the lantern. And made sure that any excess glue was removed from the chair. That took a bit of time.
The presents are balsa wood cut into small pieces and sanded then painted white, red and green. I had tissue paper in those colors left from Christmas so I used that as my wrapping paper.
Once I figured out where I could place the 'presents' I began to glue everything in.
I wanted one last little touch so I made a throw pillow and added it to the chair. I used some straight pins to hold it down and make it look a bit squished, as if Santa has been sitting on it.
Once the glue was dry I took them out. I think it works pretty well.
Here are a few shots of it from varying angles.
I tested out the lights and took a few pictures of it in the dark.
I think it came out nicely. I hope Chris and his wife like it.
I'm really excited to start getting emails about the Creatin' Contest... if I'm remembering right we should start hearing about the results this week?

0 Yorumlar