Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Crab Feed!

We look forward to the Portland Yacht Club Crab Feed all year!  Yesterday was the day.  It's so much fun!  The club is all decorated with crabby stuff and lights and balloons.. this is the ballroom, and that is my sister Roberta and her husband Ted.  


My sister Denise waited in the line at the bar and brought back Tequila Sunrises for Dayle and I.  Yum!


This is my niece Whitney, Denise's daughter and her boyfriend Jeff.  Whitney is an attorney and has a new job with a firm and had her first trial last week!  We are so proud of her!  She's been seeing Jeff for quite a while and this is the first time we've met him.  He's ever so nice and we approve.  :-)


This is Roberta's youngest of two sons, Cliff and his wife, Tammy.  They joined Portland Yacht Club last year and their guests were my sister Roberta and Ted.



Ted, Roberta and Denise.. my family!  Do you see all the burgees (nautical flags identifying different yacht clubs)?  They run down each side of the ballroom and signify yacht clubs that have reciprocal agreements with our club.


My sweetheart and I.


And with a whoosh and right on time the servers brought out our dinner and we began to whack the crab and pick the delicious meat out!  The menu was Dungeness crab, cole slaw, garlic bread, oyster shooters, all the beer you can drink and.. cake!


People have the most fun!  They provide sections of wooden dowels for hitting the crab with, plus nut crackers and picks.  I like using the "bat" to crack the claws with and the handle of my fork to dig out the meat.  Some people pick, eat, pick eat.. some pick pick pick and then eat a pile.. then repeat.. and SOME.. pick pick pick and keep picking until they're done and then eat it!  I am the 2nd.. this is just one of my piles.. lol!  I think I picked and ate 5 half crabs.  It's healthy protein, people!  Don't judge!  They have this special sauce they make which is my favorite.. it's delicious!  


Continental Cocktail Sauce

1 C mayo
1/4 C ketchup
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 dashes Worcestershire

1/4 C sherry

They also had several different kinds of cake.  This was mine, German Chocolate - and I ate some but could not finish it, I was full of crab!



This is the dining room where half of the people were, the other half in the ballroom with us.


The mirrored ball in the ballroom.  It rotates and there are bright lights aimed at it during dances here.


The decorations include a line of huge red crabs hanging down the center of the ballroom.  Fun!


Today we have no plans.. we're recovering from all the fun.. we brought home 2 crabs and will be having crab salad for lunch.  Oh yes.  Uh huh.  Mmmm.  What are you up to this weekend?  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar