Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Friday, Kim takes a break and cleans addition


  Well the fall flowers are planted and the mums that will bloom out are yellow, so I am happy with that adventure.  The boys had this done in about a 1/2 hour it was great.

THEN I proceeded to finish cleaning the house and putting out the fall decorations.  It was a nice way to combine two things I wanted to do.

So out came the fall decos as I cleaned windows, and


dusted blinds and washed crystal.

It was a nice day of putzing and I and the house needed it badly. I find house work relaxing if  I am not in a rush or expecting company.  

I picked out these pillow covers in Ketchikan and I love to have something I can put out to remind of the trip.  Then I added a pillow of my moms.

 

 


 I added a few pumpkins, and new candles and pillows to the family room.



A little garland and a few pumpkins on the  TV cupboard.


These Fall prints we bought on a trip back east with our family years ago, I bring them out every fall.



The fall table I think I will take this cloth and make it an oval with my serger.  I will put a rolled hem edge on it.  Plan for the future.

I told you I had purchased an O'Cedar mop and bucket when I bought the new vacuum.  I tried it out yesterday on the floors and it worked so well.  No streaking, it also pulled up a lot of dirt.  The steam mop does kill germs on the surfaces but I have often wondered about how well it actually cleans even when I change out the cleaning heads. Well I added pinesol to the water and mopped the entire floor (s) and they came so clean.  The water was very dirty so I know that this is the way to go.  SO happy I did this, as I have been very frustrated.  I just felt like I smeared dirt around.

Then after making a simple dinner of garden salads and brats which we can take the leftover brats on the road with us, I decided to tackle the ironing. We had run out of hangers, mostly because they go by by in the shop, so I had stopped to get more from the dry cleaners recycle.  I did 2.5 hours of ironing and went through a few of my clothes and got rid of a few things, pulled some things to take to Hub's mom and even mended a pair of my shorts that had a small rip.  I mended a sweater my sissie had sent me and I just did things to make my life easier and happier at home.

I FEEL GOOD ABOUT LEAVING. Which I did not before.  The house is relatively clean, the ironing is done and I AM COMING BACK to a clean shop.  I will be busy when I get back but I am prepared for that.

SO we are off and I want to stop and get a donut:)

What are your plans for the weekend? 

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.


Kim

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar