Here are two more slides from August 13, 1955! First we get a look at the gazebo in its original location (I think). There is a band concert going on, and folks have gathered to enjoy an experience that was already the stuff of Norman Rockwell paintings and movies about the "good old days". I'm a bit discombobulated, is the castle to our right? The little "berm" or hillside is what's throwing me off. And that little bridge!!

I thought I'd add this photo from the same lot of slides, showing the dancers at the old Indian Village. I wonder how often those guys performed on a typical day? I still think it's pretty interesting to think that a movie studio would have no problem producing convincing "old west" props and artifacts...if you look at other amusement parks of the 50's, they didn't always do such a great job.
0 Yorumlar