I am joining in with Me Made May 2106 this year, I really enjoyed it last year. In the truest sense of the pledge it really made me understand what I wanted to sew and what I liked to wear on a daily basis.


This year I have made a slightly different, personal pledge:
'I, Jo Roberts, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '16. I endeavor to alter some of the clothes I have already made but rarely wear for a tiny ill fitting reason. I will round up my alterations each week for the duration of May 2016'
I know that when I finish an item it is blogged for all to see but in reality until you have actually worn it a few times you don't know if it really works - sometimes there are issues you only know when you actually wear it to do real things in real life rather than standing in the garden or bathroom with the self timer on the camera an hour after it is finished!
This week I have made a crucial alteration/revisit. My Coco dress was the first garment under the knife.
This week I have made a crucial alteration/revisit. My Coco dress was the first garment under the knife.
Problem: The funnel neck meant that I could not comfortably wear a cardigan or warm garment over it. The second problem was that the jersey stuck to my leggings on my bum and the third problem was it was too short to wear my petticoat underneath to stop it sticking to my bottom!
Remedy: I took the funnel neck off and replaced it with a neck binding. Then I cut the length to suit me as a top. It also seemed too big so I took a seam from cuff to waist all the way through the armhole to make it a slimmer fit. Good old serger. I must have worn this three or four times since the alteration but I only wore the dress once.

Does this make you think of an item you could revisit to bring it back into your wardrobe? See you next week. Jo xx

0 Yorumlar