It is getting harder to write blog posts lately unless you want to hear about how many white walls I am painting. Building our new house is all time consuming but not always the most interesting conversation piece - the proverbial 'watching paint dry' kind of sums up how interesting it is. No one wants to listen to a new-build bore.
I still like to make something every night though - not to completion - just a row of something here and there, a patchwork block or an hour on a garment or something for my gift box.
I am really enjoying spending an hour on a garment and then walking away from it for another day. This means that more complex things can be made in small stages which is very satisfying. These Carolyn PJ's took nine hours in total but it didn't feel like that. One day the collar, another day the trousers, another hour the sleeve inserted and so on. The finished garment is top quality and will be a real keeper. The fabric is a cotton lawn which is so comfy in bed.
I also chose to make the Ness Skirt by Tilly and the Buttons and this was certainly an intermediate make. The instructions on Tilly patterns are always exceptional. For the first time ever I properly understood how to make a zip fly! I now need to find a better belt to finish it off. This fabric is my Minerva Blogger Network make for March.
I have also been putting plans into place for the future. The Nautilus swimsuit is printed out and taped together. I am scratching my head because after measuring myself, the chart looks like a game of Bingo: my crotch, hip, waist and bust all hit different sizes so I am left wondering which size to plump for. I have not chosen fabric yet but that is on the horizon for Spring.
There are always socks on the go too of course. I have been helping my mum knit her first pair of socks which makes a change from her sorting out my knitting difficulties. It was nice to show her how to turn a heel.
There are curtains for our new house to make but all in good time. You see, I am making something everyday because it makes me happy but everything is currently in motion.
I hope you are getting to do a little bit of what you like to do this week too.
Thanks for dropping by. Jo xxx





0 Yorumlar