The Sitting Area
I spent much of the day reading near the fire. The children did their schoolwork at the table. I mused over the delightful writings of Dickens' "Dombey and Son.
Here and there, I commented about the story and entertained the children with quaint sayings and the brilliant use of words.
In the above photo, you will see a kitchen stool near my chair. This is typical for my reading time. I have a wine glass full of ginger-ale. There is a china plate loaded with mini-marshmallows and chocolate chips.
The chair on the left is made of wicker and was given to me, just yesterday, by Nana. She had it sent up in the early evening. It is very comfortable.
The chair on the right is part of a set of antiques which came with the purchase of our house. It is a stately and dignified chair, if there ever was such a thing!
Do you see my book resting on a small foot stool? This wooden marvel was hand- made by Grandpa, many, many years ago- for my children when they were very young. It is a family treasure.
Now, I must say, if you walked into my home and saw the humble furnishings, you might think we were living in poverty.
I don't agree.
Blessings
Mrs. White
From the Archives -
A Recent description of our living room - The Center of My Home
Keeping things stable at Home - Do Not Allow Drama to Interfere with your Routine
Homeschooling - Books - Oxford - Reading Lists - and Swagbucks
Subscribe to The Legacy of Home

0 Yorumlar