Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The mountain begins to shrink.

 I think most wargamers have a metal or plastic mountain, and some, myself included have both. We have these mountains for various reasons. An impulsive buy, followed by inaction. A new period, followed by inaction. The chance to buy figures cheaply followed by, ''why did I do that? I have done all these and more. However when I set out to rebuild my renaissance armies in 28mm I was determined to paint everything I bought. Well I would like to say that I kept to this ideal, but I would be lying, however in between buying the odd extra unit, I am now starting to see my way clear. At the last count I 'only' have six regiments of cavalry, the odd very large pike block [ actually 3] four regiments of arquebusiers a few personalities and a carracico [?]  
 I am hoping to complete this lot before Pro Gloria roll out their gendarmes and their plastic landsnects, but knowing my weakness for these figures, I can see a small hill growing again.Anyway, I have managed to paint some Foundry figures, including a part painted unit of arquebusiers that I bought at Triples. The price was to good to miss. In fact I probably saved money on the purchase.                                
 I know a lot of wargamers didnt like the transition over to the designer of these figures, and felt they were clumsy in design. I like them, and they were on offer from Foundry when they were discontinuing the range. The standards a mish mash of flags by Pete of Pete's Flags. So thinking about it, I probably saved a fortune buying these from Foundry, well thats what I keep telling myself.





 I do like these Perry Italian infantry, they look, well Italian,albeit a bit archaic.
 Purchased part painted at Sheffield Triples, but not I hasten to add from the table of James Roach.
  [ Just in case any Sheffield members are reading this post]



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar