Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

FLOWERS AND ANSWERS, AND A QUOTE

Here are the answers to yesterday’s questions.  I will have a trivia post each month, at least until I get through the old book I found.  That will take us right through to the end of the year at least. 


1.  The Quarrymen included the nucleus of what well-known rock band?
Answer: John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison were all members of The Quarrymen.  Ringo Starr joined much later, after they had become The Beatles.

2.  What were The Who called before they were The Who?
Answer: The High Number, who released one record, "I'm the Face."  If you go here you can view a YouTube of this part of their career.  The video lasts just over seven minutes.

3.  Which member of The Grateful Dead inspired an ice cream flavor?
Answer: Cherry Garcia is a flavor of Ben and Jerry's ice cream (and frozen yogurt) named after the lead singer of the Grateful Dead, the late Jerry Garcia.

4.  What is the name of the only Broadway show tune recorded by The Beatles?
Answer: "'Til There Was You" from Meredith Wilson's "The Music Man".

5.  What recording company released the first recordings of Elvis Presley
Answer:  Sun Records, Sam Phillips's Little Memphis Music Company, pressed the first Elvis Presley records in 1954.  "That's All Right Mama" was on the hit side.





Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar