Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

So Long and Thanks for all the Turtles!


I realized that I should comment on the big news of my week, the fact that the TMNT property was sold to Viacom/Nickelodeon on Wednesday...my birthday no less ;) I've been working on Turtle stuff as part of Mirage Studios since the '80's so it has been a big part of my life for half of my lifespan..wow!
While I've worked on tons of stuff other than the little green dudes over the years, the Turtles have always been there to some extent in my working life...and now for the most part I'll be out of the Turtle business.
I have nothing but good things to say about all the crazy fun times I've had with my Mirage Studio pals and the Turtles. We've worked and played and traveled and goofed off together for a nice chunk of years. I count myself as being super lucky to have gotten the chance to be a small part of something this big, it was a real blessing and I will always look back fondly on my TMNT years.
I'm sure I'll continue to do my share of TMNT related con sketches and commissions and who knows maybe I'll be called in to continue to work on the Turtles toy line with Playmates toys, time will tell.
The future will be different, but I'm thinking it will still be bright!
Thanks Pete and Kevin for a very long and happy run.

ps. I did this art back in like 1995 when the original Turtles comic was wrapping up,and I thought it was appropriate now as well!

Read the press release about the deal here http://www.viacom.com/news/Pages/newstext.aspx?RID=1344565

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar